An IV&V provider is a knowledgeable and engaged advocate working on your behalf throughout the development process, independent of any business considerations or internal politics of development organizations.
- Technical independence ensures that IV&V providers practice accepted Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Managerial independence allows IV&V providers to offer objective and timely reporting directly to your organization.
- Financial independence, in the form of a separate budget, ensures that IV&V effectiveness is not compromised.
Verifying that each step in the development process is complete and on track.
- Ensure each phase of development meets acceptance criteria for the next phase.
- Adhere to testing methodologies, provide timely test, status, and bug metric reports.
- Check that all critical problems are resolved before the final release.
Validating that the final product satisfies functional and other requirements as documented in original design specifications.
- Advocate usability for ultimate end-users.
- Track enhancements not just bug fixes.
- Ensure that the system performs to expectation under all operating conditions.